Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Friendship lasts forever

I know it's been a while since I have posted. I have tons of things to tell, but they will just have to be in several different posts.

The BEST of all is the trip we took to Coker, Alabama for a get together with old friends. You know, it is really strange how long it has been, yet when we all saw each other it was just like the old days. We are all the same, well.. except the big girl jobs we have now and the fact that some of us are married and one of us is preggers :)



We went to our friend Brittani's dad's greenhouses with open fields and a pond in which the guys were fishing in... oh yeah... and trying to catch a beaver....crazy boys. We all sat outside and reminisced as well as told about our big girl lives and of course talked about our problems. (We always complain when we get together, which Matt thinks is hilarious...but that's just us. That's the way we are and we love it)



The boys grilled us hamburgers and made us a fire out by the pond. We listened to old music that we use to listened to in high school, laughed, and just had the best time.


I wish we could do that every weekend, but it's not that simple. :( We have one who lives in CO, one who lives in NYC (who wasn't able to come... which we were all very sad about), one who lives in Mobile, AL and one who lives Atlanta. I have to say I was very surprised to see that everyone was able to make it. Our friend from Mobile came even though she had to leave early because she had to be at the hospital (she helps deliver babies :)) at 11 that night. It's just amazing how close we all are even though we are so far away.



I will always cherish my high school girlfriends (actually, most of us go WAY back to elementary school). People told me that once I graduated high school, I would probably not be as close to those who I was once best friends with....Well, they were TOTALLY wrong and I am so thankful for that.



I thank God for giving us one another and I am so very thankful and blessed for the time that we can share together. I just hope that in 30 years down the road we will still have our get togethers and that things will always remain the same between us all.

I love you girls!

Here are some more shots of the group...





No comments:

Post a Comment