Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Design. Use. Re-use.

So... I have been struggling to come up with a t-shirt design for our family picnic that the company I work for is having in July. It is going to be at Regions Park at one of the Baron's baseball games. Before I started working here, the picnic was held at the water park... I'm guessing Alabama Adventure. I was looking through the files to see what the previous graphic designer did before me so I could maybe catch some sort of idea of what I should base the design around and to make sure that my design wasn't going to be asbsolutely insane.

This is the design that was used for last years t-shirt...


Hmmm.... This led to a kind of *smirk* I should say and made me feel a little bit better about my design.

The president of our SRC committee (who so graciously asked me to be a member when I started working here) said that she wanted something "bold and really outstanding" this year. Never having it held at Regions park, I was thinking along the lines of doing something with the checkered picnic tablecloth.... nope. Didn't like it.

I brainstormed until my brain felt like it was going to explode and then finally! I remembered an invitation that I designed for my girlfriends cookout that we had a few weeks ago and thought... perfect! So... I have re-used a design that I have used before (but it was for personal use), is that okay? ..... My boss really loves it, however, I still haven't heard from the pres. of SRC. (Southern Research Committee)

I would def. wear this t-shirt, but would others is the only question?? The only people that will be wearing it is the members of the committee, which is mostly women.

Enough rambling... here is the design....



Couldn't you see this on the back of a t-shirt??



p.s. I love summer and all the fun activities that come along with it!!!!!! Don't yall?!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this, Joanna! I love how the potholder holds the text. If you did a pocket t-shirt, you could have little potholders on the pocket. =) So cute.

    ReplyDelete