Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

Wanted: a needle swift enough to sew a straight line across this piping without me having to guide it...



Yep. I am trying to learn how to sew.

My momma came over last night to show me some pointers on the new sewing machine she bought me a couple of days ago. Along with some very delicious food she brought over, she had several bags filled with goodies for me to begin my sewing adventure. The bag had everything from appliques, to iron on monogram stitching, to patterns for cute little bibs that I can make for Baby H. (Baby H doesn't have a name yet, but when he does you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be blogging about it!!)

SO... We got the machine set up in our dining room and began threading the bobbin. I have to say, I was very proud of myself because I actually had to tell momma how to do it!! I read the destruction's before she got there and my machine is different from hers so she had a little difficulties. After getting everything set, we were ready to go. The material for the bib is SO cute. It is yellow with little buses and surf boards all over it. Momma bought some orange pipping to go around the outside of the bib and across the pocket at the bottom. She helped me sew the bib and the pocket, the easiest of the darn thing. Then she left me!! She left me with the dern piping!! The hardest thing to do because you have to sew in a straight line because you can see the thread. Well, needless to say, I messed up. It looked like a drunk who had never sewn before did this. VERY sad day. Momma called me to let me know she made it home okay and she could tell I was discouraged. She told me to stop and that it would be better the next time around because I was just tired. So I used my little gadget that rips the messed up thread out and called it a day. I never knew it would be so hard to sew in a straight line. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist. So this is where I say, wouldn't it be nice to have a needle swift enough to sew a straight line without you have to guide it?! Sheesh. I wish.

The good news is, I fixed the hole in Matt's shorts last night too and he was very proud and couldn't even tell which side was ripped to begin with. Go me!! Anybody got any ripped shorts? Bring em on over!! The seamstress Fitzgerald can fix you up.


Well, I am sure I got some of you laughin. I hope I can get better at this. Right now, it doesn't look so hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment