Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Door Hangers

Well, instead of painting mom a canvas, I am making her a door hanger. I think this is going to be my new hobby! They are super cute and super easy to make.

I made a trip to hobby lobby yesterday and purchased a long, thin piece of wood and have started painting. I hope to finish these tonight, and then use a saw that Matt brought home for me to use to cut these bad mamma jamma's out. The piece of wood was long, so I decided to make two :) One for mom and one for the Fitzgerald's.

Here is what the unfinished hangers look like:




And this is what the finished hanger will look like:



I'm also on the lookout for some thin, large pieces of wood that I can sand because Hobby Lobby doesn't have wood the size I want it. Once I find those I am going to make us one of these for the fall:





Aren't these things so cute?! And for Christmas I will probably make us a large ornament shaped one.

I love being crafty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment