Well, I have decided to copy Laura and am going to begin doing Thrifty Thursdays. Now I'm not promising to have something "thrifty" to post EVERY Thursday.
Here is my first Thrifty Thursday:
So my momma's birthday is coming up next week and I always struggle coming up with something to get her. She loves anything and would be so thankful and appreciative if I took her some dirt in a jar... I wouldn't do that, but you get the point. :)
Matt and I were sitting outside last night and I was trying to think of what I could get her. I looked inside our window at the huge canvas hanging on the wall in our kitchen and had an "Aha" moment. The canvas is actually from Bed Bath & Beyond and was quite expensive. Friends always ask me if I painted it, because most of the "artwork" in our house was done by me and they all know that. And so as I was looking in the window I said to Matt, "You know, I really could paint that. It's just a canvas with some squares and circles on it." So, I am going to the closest Hobby Lobby, purchasing a large canvas and am going to get the ball rolling this weekend on my masterpiece for my momma. (Note: The last picture I painted was for Matt on our Anniversary and it turned out to look like something that would go in a child's nursery so who knows how this thing is going to turn out). I will take pictures of the finished product and hopefully post for all to see (that is, only if it is worthy of posting. If it looks like crap, forget it.)
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment