Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Georgia

This weekend Matt and I drove to Georgia to visit Charlie and Steve. We went to the Sweetwater Festival Saturday (which we will never go to again). It was a HUGE hippie fest. Lets just say that's not my type of crowd. :) {Charlie got some cute pics of us from this so I will have to wait until she uploads them to share}

Then Sunday we wanted to miss the Dega/Redneck traffic so we decided to stay in GA a little longer. We were going to see if we could get tickets to the GA vs. FL baseball game in Athens, but they were sold out. We ended up just driving to Athens, which is a very cool place but very stinky party town. And when I say stinky, I'm serious. I'm not sure how to describe the smell of that college town. We walked around campus, went to some cute CUTE stores and walk VERY far, passed the stadium, and continued walking until we made it to the baseball field. We went behind the field and watched a little bit of the game and then walked all the way back to the car.

Matt and I got our picture made under the famous arch on Georgia's campus. Supposedly if you aren't going to school there or if you aren't Alumni, you aren't suppose to walk under the thing, which I think is silly. We walked under and are both still alive. :)






We had a great time, but trying to delay our time to miss the Redneck Dega fans did NOT work. We got stuck right in the traffic on the way home. We also had the great joy of getting mooned by two butts on the way home which was absoltely disgusting. Needless to say we had an interesting ride home!! Those people are crazo.

I hope all of you had a great weekend!

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment