Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Baby kicks


A best friends pregnancy, the most amazing thing to me in this world!! Kara's belly is growing seemingly larger everyday. It has truly been an amazing experience for all of us. I guess you could say I am one of those crazy friends who is overly excited and wants to buy everything imaginable for this little girl. Anna Lilia is due to arrive on May 10th....only two more months!! YAY!

Anyway, out of all this time, and out of all the times I have placed my hands on Kara's belly, I have never really "felt" the baby. I thought it was crazy the first time I thought I felt something, which it was her moving, but not at all like I felt it Saturday night. We had been to dinner at Mellow Mushroom, which the service was horrible by the way.... and after dinner went back to Arnar and Kara's house. Kara was extremely tired from the long day and was resting, rubbing her belly....so AS USUAL, I wanted to see if I could feel Anna Lilia having a "party" in her belly. AND OMG!!! I can't explain what I felt. I am sure people think I am funny because I freaked out, but I felt her whole foot. It was as if I could have grabbed her toes and played "this little piggie"!! I screamed so loud!! I had never felt a baby move like that. Normally it is just a "thump", but this time I could honestly say I felt her kick!! I even saw Kara's stomach move out pretty far. I know that yall out there who have had a baby before or know someone close to you who has had one before probably know what I am talking about and you are probably laughing right now, but I can't get over how incredibly amazing that moment was!! I couldn't possibly imagine something in my belly moving all of the time. I think I would be the worst pregnant person EVER.

On an end note, we are anxiously awaiting sweet little Anna Lilia's arrival. I really hope she loves "Aunt Joanna" because I can tell you one thing, I am going to spoil that baby rotten. Hopefully Arnar and Kara can see past my craziness and will let me keep her :).

1 comment:

  1. Isn't the kicking thing cool?!? I mean, it is up until they decide to have a party while you're trying to sleep, but when Anna Kate started moving and kicking a lot it really brought it home to me that there was a PERSON in there! I know Anna Lillia will love her Aunt NaNa, just like Anna Kate does!

    ReplyDelete