
Matt and I went to church at Dawson yesterday and got to enjoy Palm Sunday. It was a good service and was also very cute. As we sat down and the service began, the choir started their harmonious tunes that filled the church with great joy. Only seconds later, children walked down the two ailes of the church in a single file line singing with the choir and waving their palms over their heads. They lined up in their placed positions and sang along throughout the entire hymn. It was amazing. Like, I got chills amazing. The Lord was ever so present and you could feel every bit of the spirituality and praise and glorification that was in each and every person in that place.
Pastor Gary Fenton shared the story of the Lord's crucifixion and why we celebrate Palm Sunday and Easter. Growing up, I never really knew everything, and I am still VERY far from knowing what I should about Jesus and his crucifixion and resurrection. So....after church, Matt and I ate lunch and then went to Blockbuster and rented "The Passion of The Christ". Neither one of us had seen it before and we both thought it would be a good time to watch it and learn a little bit more. It really is a fantastic interpretation of what happened, although, I have to say it is very harsh and probably shouldn't be watched by young children. Throughout most of His crucifixion, my head was under Matt's armpit asking him if it was over yet. I really feel like I know a little bit more from watching it and it just made me want to be a better Christian even more so.
I pray that everyone this Sunday will share with their children the real reason we celebrate Easter. And I also pray that everyone has a fantastic and blessed week!!

No comments:
Post a Comment