Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hair cut



I have been struggling trying to find a place to get my hair cut in Birmingham. Someone told me to go to this place called "Blue Velvet" in Mtn.Brook. Don't get me wrong, it was a great, nice place (one could only imagine... i mean, come on.. it's in mountain brook for crying out loud!!), BUT... speaking of it being in Mtn. Brook, the workers there mostly lived in Mtn.Brook and were pretty young "stuck up" girls.

Let me fill you in on my previous hair cutting days. I grew up in Tuscaloosa to the down-to-earth parent's best friend hair cutting lady who knew everything about me and my family and who wouldn't let me do drastic things to my hair because she KNEW I would hate it a couple of days later. She would always ask me what was going on and remembered everything I had ever told her. She didn't cost an arm and a leg (well, at that time my parents were paying for it... but still..). And it was just an exciting thing to get to go there, the place was called "Tangles". I am a huge talker and so was she so it was perfect. I still remember the smells and the horribly painted walls of the place (she thought she was being creative) and the exact way the place was layed out with the washer and dryer and bathroom in the back where the adults would spend time smoking their cigarettes and gossiping about what was going on with all of their lake friends.

I want to find somewhere like that. Which I don't have very high hopes. Those were the old days. This is 2009.

Anyways, I am going to a place that a guy that I work with recomended. It is in Homewood at a place called Hair Group. My appointment is tomorrow. Hopefully it will go well. I am sick of hair hoppin'. I will keep yall informed. I need to get this stringy mess whacked. It's what most of you would think as "disgusting". Wish me luck...

1 comment:

  1. I remember Tangles - they fixed my hair when I'd tried to go for "medium brown" and ended up with eggplant! Bless 'em! Hope your appointment goes well; can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete