
These are the only three pictures we took the whole weekend
First of all, I'd like to thank God for giving Matt and I such an amazing love for one another. Without Him, things would be pretty tough. We have been blessed beyond words. I couldn't have asked for a better husband and best friend to spend the rest of my life with and to grow with spiritually.
6-7-8 was one of the most amazing days and the start of a journey with the man of my dreams. I can not believe it has been a whole year since that day!! It has been the best year of our lives and we look forward to many, many more. It seems like just yesterday when we met each other for the very first time.
I know, I know, get to the anniversary gift part already!! :)
Well, my gift to Matt was NO WHERE near his gifts to me. I know how much he loves his country music and since the first year is suppose to be paper I decided to get him concert tickets to see one of his FAVORITE country music singers. The Randy Rogers Band. I was SO excited and definitely felt like I deserved a pat on the back because I actually thought of this band. And when I gave him the tickets he was just as excited as I thought he would be!! The tickets were placed in a gift basket full of goodies and what not's along with a very sweet card from his love and a piece of paper that I designed that had a picture from our wedding and the lyrics to one of Randy Roger's songs on it. After reading the "scrapbook-like" piece of paper, he still had no idea so I handed over the tickets :) He is a happy, happy man to say the least and was very proud of me for thinking of him in this way.
On to MY gift(s)!!!
After I gave him his concert tickets, he handed over a manila folder......with TAYLOR SWIFT CONCERT TICKETS!!!!!!! We thought it was funny that we both got each other concert tickets... but mine is WAY better than his!! I asked him how in the world he got them because all of her shows sold out in a matter of minutes. He had to buy them from someone on EBAY who bought them and was selling them for more to make a profit. Thank goodness for that man (or woman)!! I will be one happy girl though in September when Taylor and Kellie roll into bham!!
And that's not all!! We went to eat dinner at one of my favorite places Friday night called The Cajun Steamer. Saturday we woke up and he told me to pack my bags and that we were going to stay at the Ross Bridge renaissance resort!!! WOW!! Too much already. We got there and layed out by the pool all day and then got ready to go eat dinner. At the end of our fancy smancy dinner, our waitress brings out a cake... OUR CAKE FROM OUR WEDDING!!! Matt had to tell me that it was our cake!! I had NO idea and didn't even know if we still had it. Of course, I cried, which made Matt cry. But the cake was WONDERFUL!! Then, the next morning we ate our free breakfast (because it was our anniversary). I was asking Matt what he wanted to do and he said that I could lay out until 12 because I was going to the spa. Can you believe it!! The gift just kept pouring in!! I had a 25 mintue facial...AMAZING, and a 50 minute body massage!
My husband couldn't possibly do any better and I am so very thankful for our love we share. There is no one that could ever make me happier and I love, love, love him SO VERY VERY MUCH!
Now next year is mine to plan.... eek!! Help!! I don't think I can top him?!

No comments:
Post a Comment