Thursday we went to Tokyo and had a great time. We had some yummy fried rice. I had the scallop dinner and Matt had his regular, steak and shrimp dinner. It was a great time with the Hollingsworth family. We drove back to b'ham and were both wiped out from all the food, drinks, and driving.
Friday we both went to work for a couple of hours and then rushed home, packed our bags and Rudy and were off to Panama City to see the Fitzgerald fam for Father's Day. We arrived around 8-ish and enjoyed each other's company before passing out from being on the road for 5 and a half hours.
Saturday we woke up and drove to Destin to see my sister and her husband, Scott. We met them and mine and Matt's favorite restaurant, The Boathouse. We had many oysters and cold drinks to wash them down while sweltering in the hot summer sun.





Later Saturday, after we had all showered, we went down to the beach to take up some time while Matt's dad was doing a wedding. We had a "Fitzgerald photoshoot" I guess you could say. Matt's sister took TONS of pictures of me and Matt on the beach and a lot of them were really good. It was a lot of fun just to throw off your shoes and run through the sand and the beautiful ocean. There wasn't a worry in the world. I think that's the most fun we had the whole time we were there.









After our photoshoot, we went to Captain Anderson's for dinner which was DELICIOUS! I had never been there before and now it is one of my favorites. I am sure we will be dining there again soon!!
Church was nice Sunday. I always enjoy listening to Matt's dads sermons. After church we went and ate at Montigo Bay (sp?), went home, packed up our belongings and headed back to bham.
It was a nice trip, yet we are glad to be back in our home and in our own bed.
Back to the beach for 4th of July with Patrick and Nikki!! Yay!!

No comments:
Post a Comment