Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Family Father's Day fun!

As everyone knows, this weekend is the time we get to celebrate our wonderful daddy's.



Tonight, we are going to Tokyo in Tuscaloosa to surprise my dad for a great Father's Day dinner with the whole family. Yuummm.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family who still spends time together and loves one another and appreciates each other's company.



I love the fact that me and my daddy are still as close as we once were. Even though times have changed, and we don't live in the same town, and I am "all grown up" and married now, when we see each other there is still this sparkle in both of our eyes. We have so much fun together and when I am with him I feel so safe. When I was a little girl I truly believed that he was the most knowledgeable person I knew. If there was anything I didn't know, I was pretty sure that dad would know. When I was a teenager, he gave me so much chance to get to know the people and the outside world. I believed that he was the most experienced person on any occasion. After I went into my adulthood, every time I faced any difficulties, his encouragement always accompanied me. I realized that the word "dad" became a powerful symbol to me. My dad is very important to me and I love him very much.

So, yesterday, today, and always I thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful dad and hope that we get to make many more memories together as the years go by.


I found this poem on Fathers and thought it was very appropriate :)

Fathers are wonderful people
Too little understood,
And we do not sing their praises
As often as we should...

For, somehow, Father seems to be
The man who pays the bills,
While Mother binds up little hurts
And nurses all our ills...

And Father struggles daily
To live up to "HIS IMAGE"
As protector and provider
And "hero or the scrimmage"...

And perhaps that is the reason
We sometimes get the notion,
That Fathers are not subject
To the thing we call emotion,

But if you look inside Dad's heart,
Where no one else can see
You'll find he's sentimental
And as "soft" as he can be...

But he's so busy every day
In the grueling race of life,
He leaves the sentimental stuff
To his partner and his wife...

But Fathers are just WONDERFUL
In a million different ways,
And they merit loving compliments
And accolade of praise,

For the only reason Dad aspires
To fortune and success
Is to make the family proud of him
And to bring them happiness...

And like OUR HEAVENLY FATHER,
He's a guardian and a guide,
Someone that we can count on
To be ALWAYS ON OUR SIDE.
Helen Steiner Rice


On to the in-laws... :)




Tomorrow we will be traveling to Panama City Beach to see Matt's family. His sister also will be in town and we haven't seen her since her graduation (I think) so it will be nice to have everyone there.

I am looking forward to celebrating Father's Day with the Fitzgerald's who have very graciously accepted me as a part of the family and who I love so very much. So thank you Bruce, Nancy, and Devon for loving me and allowing me to marry your son and brother :) You all have brought out the best in me!

Well enough Sappiness for the day!! I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!

LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment